weeeeeeeehhhhhhh for 2008
the year (2007) has come and passed only to be replaced by another one (2008) to live through yet again
its been a colorful 2007 (how cliche can I be?) peppered with realizations and ‘ouch’ moments that transforn into learnings
thus armed with these learnings and realizations I have drawn up a 2008 plan for myself, resolutions based on learnings and realizations that I have pickep up in the year that was (aysus)
To wit, I have learned that……….
1. when you cannot take it anymore, you cannot really take it anymore no matter what you do, no matter how much you motivate yourself. thus i resolve to end the things that makes it hard for me to get out of bed every morning. i resolve to quit the things that prevent me from smiling, the things that prevent me from pursuing what i feel i want to do right now in my life
2. the things that makes me stronger are not always doing me a favor by making me stronger. sometimes strength is not what I need in life. sometimes all I need is a cup of coffee and good conversation with friends. thus i resolve that ill buy more coffee, meet up more with friends, and just pray to God for strength =p
3. a lot things are being said without words. and these things which are not expressed verbally are mostly the things that are misunderstood or confused with something else by others. thus i resolve to say the things i want to say out loud, to express my feelings in clear and simple language at the precise moment when it is needed to be said.
4. money may not be able to buy happiness but it sure can make me believe that I’m happy. it does a great job of covering up the empty spaces in my life. its sanity in a wallet. but still its not as good as the real thing. when people asked if im happy about my purchases (e.g. phone) im always hesitant to reply. i can either be satisifed or not with my purchases, but happy? im not sure about happy. thus i resolve to see money for what it really is, a temporary relief for minor aches that should not determine the decisions and paths I would take in the current year.
5. when its over, its over. there is no use in holding on to severed ties. step back and let go. its easier than it seems. there is no sense in cluttering up life with false hopes and unrealized expectations. clutter just obscures our view of better possibilities and holds us down to form new ties. thus i resolve to leave everything unnecessary and useless to the past. if life really is a race, I dont want to run with an overloaded baggage.
(to be continued….)